When I succeed, you succeed. That is, by writing a successful proposal, grant or application for your organization, I can help you achieve your funding goals. By leaving me to take care of the sometimes tedious, detailed and technical aspects of such applications, you are freeing your time and resources to focus more directly on the work that’s most important to you–accomplishing your mission. So that you can be confident in my ability to write a successful application or grant, here’s a list of our accomplishments. For specific funded grants I have written, please check out the Major Grants page.
2001: Over $3,000,000 in grants funded plus two charter schools approved.
2001: Received Proclamation of Special Recognition from the Ohio House of Representatives for development work assisting Project REBUILD, a YouthBuild AmeriCorps program.
- Youthbuild Columbus Community School–Responsible for developing successful contract (application). (Columbus, Ohio)
- Granville T. Woods Community Shule–Responsible for developing successful contract (application). (Columbus, Ohio)
- Gilliard Charter School–Responsible for developing successful application. (Jersey City)
- Youthbuild St. Louis Charter School–Assisted in developing successful contract (application). (St. Louis, MO)
- Project REBUILD–Youthbuild AmeriCorps Program. Responsible for developing successful HUD and AmeriCorps grants. (Canton, Ohio)
Founder and Trustee
- Trade and Technology Prep Community School–Responsible for developing successful contract (application). (Dayton, Ohio)
- Jersey City Community Charter School–Responsible for developing the successful application.
Other roles and responsibilities
- Development Officer. Improved Solutions for Urban Systems–Responsible for new program design and development, grant proposal preparation, creating a charter school, development of housing projects, and developing the Youthbuilt Factory Project. Secured HUD, AmeriCorps, Affordable Housing and other funding. (Dayton, Ohio)
- Vice President for Education and Youth Development–The Urban League of Hudson County
- Designed, developed, wrote grants, obtained funding and directed YouthBuild, AmeriCorps and Education Initiatives. (Jersey City, NJ)
- Lead Developer. Starting Points Day Care Center (Jersey City, NJ)